Our client is a leader in their field, with a portfolio of restaurants spanning across the eastern coast of Australia and many more on the horizon. The company’s growth is nothing short of impressive as their timing at tapping into the casual premium dining market has been concise and calculated.
This is not a typical Chef Manager position, in this role, you will be challenged and empowered to deliver the best, most creative food the market has seen. We are not seeking a traditional Head Chef, we want to speak with a new breed; Chefs who challenge perceptions around the quality that is possible.
As Chef Manager of this group’s newest restaurant opening you will;
- Have experience as a hands-on leader who has the ability to influence a positive workplace culture
- Oversee all day to day back of house operations including opening & closing the restaurant
- Complete regular stocktakes and oversee all ordering
- Have experience in rostering and approving timesheets accordingly
- Meet kitchen labour costs, cost of food and other expenses as well as budgeting
- Implement processes and standards to ensure all back of house operations run effectively and seamlessly
- Induct and train all back of house employees
- Ensure the kitchen meets all Work, Health & Safety regulations
To be successful in this role you will have;
- A passion and love for food as well as creativity
- Experience in managing and training a culinary team that is focussed on process and product
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple and varying tasks simultaneously
- A proven ability to thrive within a high-volume, high-turnover establishment
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost control
- Flexible availability, with weekends and holidays, preferred
- The ability to review operational performance and make improvements where necessary
- Full Australian working rights
This role is offering a very attractive package including very attractive KPI incentives.
To learn more, please submit your resumé, or contact Bernard via firstname.lastname@example.org