Our client is very well known, with multiple award-winning venues, a team of industry leaders & innovators and more importantly, a quintessential venue offering contemporary and modern dining, set in Melbourne's East, providing you access to work with the best and deliver the best from produce to memorable moments.
Their continued growth has created an opportunity in one of their flagship venues situated in one of Melbourne's premium dining locations, promising a high volume of daily trade.
Each of their venues offers a distinctive dining environment. We are looking for a head chef in their product focussed Grill and European-style Gastropub in Melbournes East. This is an alluring opportunity to be part of something new, to grow & nurture talented, skilled chefs who under your guidance and dedication can bring the venue into the eye of the hospitality dining scene.
This role demands a true leader, a Chef who can lead from the front and build on the culture of being the best and growing your team to be the best in a positive environment. You are responsible for the growth and daily operations of this stellar venue.
This group is forging a path in the scene, radiating unforgettable hospitality experiences daily to ensure it remains a destination venue. You are integral to this process.
In this role, you will be responsible for efficiently running the kitchen across service, cost control and all aspects of day-to-day operations. You will work with the existing team to ensure peak performance across general trade and the busy functions season.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience as a Head Chef in a large format & high-volume premium venue
- Impressive 'foodie' knowledge- technical cooking - yet served in an uncomplicated way
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- The authority to command respect
- High food standards in both taste and presentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost-control
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player skills and leading by example
- Experience in new openings
This role offers an above-market rate remuneration package that is dependent on the applicant's experience.
If this sounds like the environment for you, to evolve, develop your skills, hone your leadership, and become part of a family striving for excellence then please submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via email@example.com