Our client is well-known and highly regarded in the Melbourne Hospitality scene, who is dedicated to exceptional food, service, and hospitality. A shared passion for excellence is what drives the success of this company. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive group that believes in creating a tailored, modern offering for their guests.
Reporting to the Group General Manager and the Directors, the Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounts department.
Responsibilities will include payroll, preparing and managing the venue financial budgets, and overseeing all activities relating to the financial aspects of all venues in compliance with the tax laws and also by the Venues Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurate, timely preparation of financial data along with submitting monthly financials to the board of Directors including the analysis of key variances to plan/forecast.
- Prepare and submit management reports (including cashflow, payroll, Cost of Goods, Trading Reports including variances in a timely manner.
- Continually build and improve the Monthly Financial Reporting to Corporate including inter-company reconciliations, cashflow forecasting
- Continually build and improve the monthly Financial Reporting, including managing the close process ensuring accuracy and timelines of reported information, Journal entry preparation/approval, reconcile balance sheet accounts, working with Operations Senior Analyst to manage Inventory and dating stock analysis, Cash conversion cycle and working capital management
- Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within Finance and Accounting Department.
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvement opportunities including system development and enhancement projects
The successful applicant will be an experienced people leader, with broad finance & accounting skills with specific expertise in technical reporting. Communication skills and the ability to build relationships and collaboration will be key to success in this role. You will bring excellent problem-solving skills including a high level of conceptual and analytical ability with a focus on building and explaining financial capability.
The successful candidate will have;
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Commercial experience with a background ideally from the hospitality industry
- Experience with MAC and MS Applications and Zero
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirements
- In-depth experience of monthly management reporting, P&L reporting, cost review, performance reporting
- Maintenance of the monthly business management pack and development of the strategic plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence
- Proven experience in policy writing and risk assessment
- Sound analytical, organisational, and time management skills
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment, and responsibility
This role is offering a very strong and attractive remuneration package. The remuneration will reflect your skills and the level of experience you possess.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Luke Butler via Luke@hastingspeople.com.au