Our client is one of the newest premium hospitality in Sydney and their exciting new project will be a "game-changer" for the Sydney Dining scene for years to come. They will be focused on delivering the best food and beverage offering in the country, and therefore want to work with the most creative and passionate people in the hospitality industry.
Their new dining precinct spans multiple outlets, each designed to deliver the new standard in dining for their discerning clientele and includes a specially designed pastry production kitchen and Patisserie Shop.
This is a true leadership role, requiring you to set the food culture for the restaurant. The team strives to be the best in every aspect of their operation, delivering a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for colleagues and customers alike.
As the Group Pastry Chef of this esteemed restaurant group, you will be accountable for delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for hiring, training and developing your team to ensure their ability matches your expectations.
The pastry offering will be multi-faceted and include fine dining a la carte; events and a Patisserie shop. As the leader of the pastry program, you will work closely with the Group General Manager and Group Executive Chef to make their venue iconic to locals and travellers alike.
This is not a typical pastry chef role, you will be challenged to deliver the finest, most innovative food the market has seen. We want to work with people who challenge the perceptions around the quality that is possible in the large-scale event scene.
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Experience as a senior pastry chef in large format Hatted or Michelin Starred restaurant
- Creativity around menu development and food presentation
- Proven experience of delivering a similar level of excellence in patisserie
- Exemplary time management and organisational skills
- The ability to build a team that is focused on process, product and the pursuit of perfection
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost control
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
This role is offering a very strong remuneration package comprised of an excellent base salary with the expectation based on experience
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org