After studying at the world’s premiere gelato University in Italy, Founder Lisa Valmorbida created a business with her brother Jamie, opening a temporary concept store in Carlton. Now with three stores open in Victoria, Pidapipó’s continued expansion is fuelled by cult-like support from its loyal customer base.
Pidapipó is named after a traditional Italian game Lisa and Jamie played with their Nonno when they were growing up. Lisa imports Italian equipment, collaborates with artists and designers for the fit-out, sources the best producers of milk, nuts, fruit, honey, and chocolate, and discovers that Melbourne is as crazy for authentic, artisanal, Italian-style gelato as she is.
As Area Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership, performance, and support of the teams across new and existing stores
- Accountability for business unit financial performance
- Compliance with all relevant external authorities
- Successful execution of brand activities and initiatives
- Driving a cost-conscious and quality-oriented focus
- Coaching store managers and team members to enhance execution
- Lead the recruitment and training function across all stores
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience working with gelato at the premium end of the market
- International experience, ideally from Italy but otherwise case dependant relevant to the other aspects of the role
- Display integrity when fulfilling the role's duties and responsibilities, acting ethically and having appropriate independence while putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests
- A passion and a strong interest in food and hospitality
- Collegial communicator with strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholders
- Emotional intelligence as well as self-awareness and self-management
- The ability to motivate individuals and groups and be able to emphatically manage situations
- Current working rights in Australia
This role is offering a strong remuneration package comprised of a base salary plus super plus bonus incentives. To learn more about this role, submit your CV or contact Phil Gannon on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.