Our client is one of the best in the market, a tight-knight team with multiple award-winning venues, that have stood the test of time. This iconic Melbourne venue offers a contemporary, seasonal menu which will provide you with access to some of Australia's most exciting produce, as well as the opportunity to work with a group of chefs from all walks of life.
The role offers great career development, with education in all areas of food production and exposure to new and exciting products from local farmers, butchers, fishmongers and providores. Their approach to staff development, training, processes and procedures is widely recognised, they truly are an employer of choice.
As a key part of the brigade, you will be responsible for driving the restaurant operations and will lead the team in and out of service, upholding the company’s focus on quality and sustainability.
This is a unique opportunity. The team strives to be the best in every aspect of its operation, providing a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for both colleagues and customers. The successful candidate will provide professional leadership at a restaurant level and will be exposed to all facets of the business and will gain valuable experience working in a premium restaurant environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a Sous Chef of Junior Sous role
- Good management and team leadership skills with a positive attitude
- High food standards in both taste and presentation
- Experience in a high volume, fast-paced premium environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to multitask and delegate appropriately
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team-player skills and lead by example
- Full unrestricted working nights in Australia
This role is offering a very strong remuneration package, with excellent base salary for the right candidate. The remuneration will reflect your skills and the level of experience you can bring to the kitchen team.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Nicholas Noonan via email@example.com