Founded in 1984, Millett Group is a successful hospitality and property business operating throughout Sydney, Melbourne and Byron Bay. From humble beginnings, the group has grown to include a varied portfolio of highly successful venues spanning accommodation, bars, restaurants and live entertainment.
With their newest venue in the heart of Bondi, the Millett Group will be bringing their laid back but quality-driven approach to this beautiful new bar/restaurant located on the iconic Campbell Parade. Slated for a September opening, the owners are now looking to engage a passionate Head Chef to join the leadership team and drive the implementation of systems while building a strong culture.
This role, reporting into the Head Chef, will see you assisting in leading the kitchen team in and out of service, by motivating, leading and developing the team as you execute this venue's menu; focusing on good, honest modern food. You will work alongside the senior leadership team in delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. As the Sous Chef, you will be provided with significant training in the business, focusing on developing your culinary skills, management and business skills which will lead to larger career opportunities in the future.
The successful candidate will be exposed to all facets of the business and will gain valuable experience working in premium a restaurant environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Minimum of 2 years experience as a Chef de Partie
- Impressive 'foodie' knowledge- technical cooking - yet served in an uncomplicated way
- Experience as a Senior Chef for a premium venue
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- The authority to command respect
- High food standards in both taste and presentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team-player skills and lead by example
This role is offering a competitive remuneration package based on the successful candidate's experience.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org