From the award winning team that brought you Sydney's "The Apollo" and "Cho Cho San" comes one of Brisbane's most hotly anticipated recent openings, Greca. The hungry have been flocking in droves since the venue opened in December. Following the owner's simple mantra of "uncomplicated food, great wine and generosity in abundance" this contemporary take on the classic Greek taverna will form part of the stunning redevelopment of the Howard Smith Wharves. With a focus on traditional Greek flavours cooked over wood and fire and in stone-based ovens. Due to the group's ongoing success (including a new Brisbane venue to open in late 2019), management are on the hunt for experience chefs to join the team.
We are looking for an experienced Chef De Partie to undertake the following duties:
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs and ordering food supplies
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discussing food preparation issues with managers, dieticians and wait staff
- Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures
- Preparing and cooking food
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
- May select and train staff
- May freeze and preserve foods
We will offer:
- Roster flexibility and a focus on work life balance.
- An open management culture that is based on respect.
- Management training to help you develop and grow into a future industry leader.
- Competitive pay
- A CERT 3 (or equivalent) in commercial cookery
- Has great knowledge and a deep passion for our industry.
- Experience in planning and Organising special events and occasions
- Experience in hatted restaurants environment preferred but not essential
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 per annum
This is a highly desirable role with a world-class restaurant group that will be filled quickly, don't wait to apply. https://www.hastingspeople.com.au/privacy-policy