Our client is known not only for serving a premium product but also for being an employer of choice. They like to make sure the team has a great time at work, undergo exemplary training, and are given opportunities to grow their careers.
About the role:
As a key part of the team, you'll get the opportunity to work alongside a group of highly innovative award-winning managers. As the Head Sommelier, you will be fully responsible for the management of a clearly defined set of tasks within the restaurant including Stock Control, Wine Training Program with a strong focus on team development and of course, great customer service.
As Head Sommelier you will;
- Be a key member of the restaurant management team
- Create and maintain a safe, diverse and inclusive environment
- Complete regular stocktakes and oversee all ordering
- Assist in rostering and the day to day running of the restaurant
- Uphold the company's processes and standards to ensure all operations run effectively and seamlessly
- Assist in the inducting and the training of front of house employees
- Lead by example and motivate the restaurant team to be brilliant in every day
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Experience as a Sommelier in a premium restaurant
- Strong operational knowledge that is shared to inspire the team
- Experience in budget management and cost control
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, and with professionalism
- Great personal presentation, good communication and time management skills
- Ability to lead and develop a large team
This role is offering a very attractive package comprised of a strong base salary as well as amazing KPI incentives.
Please note that only candidates who have full working rights within Australia will be considered for this opportunity.