Our client is one of the best in the market and is very well known in the Sydney dining scene, playing a pivotal role in the food culture of the city, with multiple award-winning venues. This large venue is experiencing high volumes of trade due to its prime location and product offerings. As such, we are seeking a passionate and motivated Head Chef to assist in taking the restaurant to the next level.
The role offers great career development, with education in all areas of food production and exposure to new and exciting produce from local farmers, butchers, fishmongers and providores. Their approach to staff development, training, processes and procedures is widely recognised, they truly are an employer of choice and are redefining what it means to be a premium dining venue. This role also offers a great work-life balance.
As a key part of the brigade, you will be responsible for driving the kitchen operations and will lead the team in and out of service by motivating, leading and developing the existing team as you execute this venue's menu; focusing on good, honest modern Australian food, featuring premium meat, seafood and classics. The business is continually evolving to ensure it remains a destination of choice for locals and "destination diners" for years to come, you will be pivotal in this process.
This is a remarkable opportunity. The team strives to be the best in every aspect of its operation, providing a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for both colleagues and customers.
The successful candidate will be exposed to all facets of the business and will gain valuable experience working in premium a restaurant environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience as a Head Chef in a large format, premium venue
- Impressive 'foodie' knowledge- technical cooking - yet served in an uncomplicated way
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- The authority to command respect
- High food standards in both taste and presentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and food cost control
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team-player skills and lead by example
- Full unrestricted working rights in Australia
This role is offering a very strong remuneration package, with an excellent base salary for the right candidate. The remuneration will reflect your skills and the level of experience you can bring to the kitchen team.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org