Founded in 1984, Millett Group is a successful hospitality and property business operating throughout Sydney, Melbourne and Byron Bay. From humble beginnings, the group has grown to include a varied portfolio of highly successful venues spanning accommodation, bars, restaurants and live entertainment.
With their newest venue in the heart of Bondi, the Millett Group will be bringing their laid back but quality-driven approach to this beautiful new bar/restaurant located on the iconic Campbell Parade. Slated for a September opening, the owners are now looking to engage a passionate Head Chef to join the leadership team and drive the implementation of systems while building a strong culture.
This role, reporting into the General Manager, will see you leading the kitchen team in and out of service, upholding the company’s focus on quality, you will be accountable for delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for hiring, training and developing the kitchen team to ensure their ability matches your expectations. As the Head Chef, you will be provided with significant training in the business, focusing on developing your culinary skills, management and business skills which will lead to larger career opportunities in the future.
Given that this a new venue opening, your initial focus will be on the creation and implementation of procedures to ensure long term success. The ability to plan, while reacting to challenges as they are presented will be critical as you navigate the initial trading period.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, food and beverage driven venue
- A positive and solutions-focused approach with the desire to build great teams
- Exemplary management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- A strong work ethic with a hands-on approach
- The aptitude to build a team that is focused on process and product
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exposure to opening a new venue will be viewed positively
This role is offering a competitive remuneration package based on the successful candidate's experience.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org