Our client is one of the best in the market, owning and operating a diverse portfolio of restaurants which are considered amongst some of the most iconic in the country. our client understands how to execute quality food and beverage within premium volume driven environments. Their approach to staff development, training, processes and procedures is widely recognised and they are a true employer of choice.
Their continued expansion has created an opportunity in one of their flagship venues.
As the Head Chef, esteemed establishment you will be responsible for leading the team in and out of service, upholding the company’s focus on quality. you will be accountable for delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for hiring, training and developing your team to ensure their ability matches your expectations. The business is continually evolving to ensure it remains a destination for local and destination diners, for years to come, and you will be pivotal in this process.
This role will allow you to play a part in menu development and further develop your skills within a modern, forward thinking hospitality group. You will be provided with significant training in the business, focusing on developing your culinary skills, management and business skills which will lead to larger career opportunities in the future.
Positions like this are truly unique to come by and we want to speak with the new breed; people who challenge the perceptions and status quo around the quality that is possible within restaurants.
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Experience as a Head Chef within a Michelin Star or Hatted restaurant
- Genuine understanding of flavour profiles and fusion cuisine
- Progressive menu design
- Strong understanding of the importance of flavour depth
- Openness and willingness to knowledge development within international cuisine
- Background in venues where modern cooking techniques are at the forefront
- Strong knowledge of native herbs and use of international spices
- A perceptive leader with a real passion for building a strong team
- Exemplary management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- A perceptive leader with a real passion for building strong teams
- The ability to review operational performance and make improvements where necessary
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost control
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
This role is offering a very strong remuneration package comprised of an excellent base salary with the expectation of strong tips when the restaurant is trading.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org