Our client is well-known and highly regarded in the Melbourne Hospitality scene and have recently renovated an iconic building to turn it into a multi-outlet venue in the heart of East Brunswick. This venue is sure to attract a highly discerning clientele base. The food and beverage offering will be first-class and award-winning. Our client will be always striving to remain ahead with local food trends, and as such are now on the hunt for a dynamic and creative Head Chef to lead the dedicated brigade and take their culinary operation to the next level.
This is a true leadership role, requiring you to set the food culture for the venue. The team of this prestigious venue strives to be the best in every aspect of their operation, delivering a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for colleagues and customers alike.
As the Head Chef of this esteemed establishment, you will be accountable for delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for hiring, training and developing your team to ensure their ability matches your expectations.
This is a remarkable opportunity. The team strives to be the best in every aspect of its operation, providing a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for both colleagues and customers.
The culinary offering will have a focus on local produce and sustainability. As the leader of the culinary program you will work closely with the General Manager to ensure a stellar performance of the venue.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience as a Senior Sous or Head Chef within a premium high-volume establishment
- A positive and solutions-focused approach with the desire to build great teams
- An open communication style with the ability to inspire those working around you
- Exemplary management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- The aptitude to build a team that is focused on process and product
- Insight to review operational performance and the know-how to make improvements where necessary
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost control
- New restaurant opening experience will be highly regarded but not essential
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
This role is offering a strong remuneration package comprised of a generous base salary plus super.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org