Our client is one of the best in the market and is new to the Sydney dining scene and are already playing a pivotal role in the food culture of the city, with multiple premium venues. This large venue is experiencing a high volume of trade due to its prime location and premium product offerings. Their response to the pandemic has led to the creation of an entirely new arm of the business, focusing on creating unique event experiences. As such, we are seeking a passionate and motivated Head Chef to assist in taking the event offering to the next level.
The role offers great career development, with education in all areas of food production and exposure to new and exciting produce from local farmers, butchers, fishmongers and providores.
Their events offer unique concepts and premium food and beverage offerings for their respected communities. From the state-of-the-art event facilities through to authentic dining offerings, our client is one that you will be proud to work for.
As the leader of the Events Kitchen, you will be responsible for driving the operations as well as leading the team in and out of service by motivating, mentoring and developing the kitchen staff as you execute this venue's menu; focusing on good, honest Mediterranean food. The business is evolving to ensure it remains a popular choice for locals and corporate diners for years to come, you will be pivotal in this process.
This is a remarkable opportunity. The team strives to be the best in every aspect of its operation, providing a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for both colleagues and customers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least three years experience in a leadership role in a hatted or Michelin star environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- High food standards in both taste and presentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and food cost control
- A highly structure and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team-player skills and the ability to lead by example
- A genuine passion for a hands-on approach to lead your team
This role is offering a very strong remuneration package, with an excellent base salary for the right candidate. The remuneration will reflect your skills and the level of experience you can bring to the kitchen team.
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Matthew Burke via firstname.lastname@example.org