Our client is a well-known and highly regarded operator with multiple venues in iconic locations. With a highly discerning clientele base, they have developed a long-held reputation for their first-class award-winning food offering. Always striving to remain ahead with local food trends, our client is now on the hunt for a dynamic and creative Head Chef to lead the dedicated brigade and take their culinary operation to the next level.
Their venues are focused on delivering high-quality food and beverage offerings in a modern and fun manner by creating unique and high-quality venues for their discerning clientele.
This is a true leadership role, requiring you to set the food culture for this busy high volume venue. The team of this multi-venue group strives to be the best in all aspects of its operation, delivering a positive, inclusive, and welcoming culture for colleagues and customers alike.
As the Head Chef of this esteemed establishment, you will be accountable for delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for hiring, training and developing your team to ensure their ability matches your expectations.
The culinary offering will have a focus on local native produce and sustainability. As the leader of the culinary program, you will work closely with the General Manager and owner to continue the already stellar performance of the venue.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Creativity around menu development and food presentation within modern Australian cuisine
- The ability to build a team and culture that is focused on creativity, quality and product
- Experience in awarded restaurants and dining groups locally or internationally
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost control
- Genuine enthusiasm and creative thinking for working in a new business
- Experience within a high volume, premium restaurant environment
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
This role is offering a strong remuneration package comprised of a generous base salary plus super, depending on the applicant’s experience.
To learn more about this opportunity submit your application or contact Bernard Dempsey via firstname.lastname@example.org