Our client sits atop the Melbourne dining scene and are focused on delivering the best food and beverage offering in the country, and therefore wants to work with the most creative and passionate people in the hospitality industry.
Their restaurant has received multiple awards for design innovation, spans multiple outlets, each designed to deliver the new standard in dining for their discerning clientele.
Their continued success has created an opportunity in one of their iconic venues situated in one of the country’s most recognisable beaches.
This is a true leadership role, requiring you to set the food culture for the restaurant. The team strives to be the best in every aspect of their operation, delivering a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for colleagues and customers alike.
As the Group Pastry Chef of this esteemed restaurant group, you will be accountable for delivering great, consistent food while maintaining a strong focus on variable cost control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for hiring, training and developing your team to ensure their ability matches your expectations.
The pastry offering will have a focus on local produce and sustainability. As the leader of the pastry program, you will work closely with the Group General Manager and Group Executive Chef to continue the already stellar performance of the venue.
This is not a typical pastry chef role, you will be challenged to deliver the finest, most innovative food the market has seen. We want to work with the new breed; people who challenge the perceptions around the quality that is possible in the large-scale event scene.
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Experience as a senior pastry chef in large format Hatted or Michelin Starred restaurant
- Creativity around menu development and food presentation
- Proven experience of delivering a similar level of excellence in patisserie
- Exemplary time management and organisational skills
- The ability to build a team that is focused on process, product and the pursuit of perfection
- Strong financial acumen relevant to labour and cost control
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
This role is offering a very strong remuneration package comprised of an excellent base salary with the expectation based on experience
To learn more about this role, submit your application or contact Brett Humphries via email@example.com